< back to articles
Women’s Campus 2024 edition
As part of the national “Cordées de la réussite” week, on January 18 ISAE-SUPAERO welcomed nearly 130 high-school and middle-school girls for a Women’s Campus day, co-organized by the Cordée OSE L’ISAE-SUPAERO and the ISAElles student club.
The aim of the day?
Raising awareness of engineering professions!
What is Women’s Campus?
These days, initiated in 2016, are co-organized by OSE and ISAE-SUPAERO in collaboration with ISAelles. They illustrate the determination of the Institute, its equal opportunities program and the Foundation to step up initiatives to raise girls’ awareness of higher education and scientific studies.
Coming from partner schools in the ISAE-SUPAERO OSE program, the girls were able to discover the engineering profession with women from inspiring backgrounds, and take part in workshops on deconstructing gender prejudices in scientific studies with the Femmes&Sciences Association and the ISAElle student club.
WORKSHOPS TO DISCOVER ENGINEERING PROFESSIONS
Divided into 4 groups guided by ISAE-SUPAERO engineering students, the high-school girls spent the day in a series of workshops designed to encourage meetings and exchanges.
- Stereotype deconstruction workshop: volunteers from the Femmes& Sciences association present gender clichés to help deconstruct them. Students then have the opportunity to discuss these stereotypes with female engineers and students in a variety of activities.
- Parcours de femmes: women engineers who have chosen to take part in the day present their professions and talk to students about their activities.
- Workshops at InnovSpace: discover the campus innovation and creation center where students develop numerous projects.
- Flight simulator workshop: during this workshop, high-school girls experience their first flight and discover a research department at ISAE-SUPAERO.
- Aviary workshop: the high-school girls were able to discover the aeronautical and space vehicle design and operation department through its aviary, a fully-equipped room where drones can be flown in a safe environment.
- Course presentation workshop: a presentation of ISAE-SUPAERO’s courses of study was offered to high-school girls, to help them discover the school’s career options.
- Workshop visit to the Aerothèque: by playing a game in the Institute’s library, the high-school girls were able to learn about bibliographic research techniques and discover this important part of student life.
Between these workshops, a lunch was held with women engineers from science and other fields of expertise. An opportunity for high school girls to engage in discussion about their profession or studies.
A big thank you to the ISAE-SUPAERO Research Departments for welcoming the students!
This day is part of a wider program: the “Campus au féminin” (Women’s Campus) program.
The main aim of this project is to create a special link between secondary school pupils, female students and female engineers, by pairing up a female engineer with a female student from ISAE-SUPAERO to accompany groups of 10 secondary school girls.